• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BIAB equipment profile

Stuntman

Apprentice
Reaction score
I want to use my 15 gallon stainless steel keg for a BIAB session.. Beersmith has a profile for a POT, but not for a Keg..  can anybody help me create a profile for BIAB that uses a keg rather than a POT?

Initially I will be doing only 5 gallons using this system..

Thanks all!

You will need to weigh your keg and enter that into the "Mash Tun Weight" in your equipment profile. I have my "Mash Tun specific heat" set to 0.12 cal/g-deg C.
My system is set up for metric.

What does the weight of the brewing kettle/keg have to do w/anything?

I can't view the attachments on that board.. even though I am registered...  Can somebody post a screen capture of their Keggle BeerSmith2 equipment profile?
Thanks!

Stuntman said:
I can't view the attachments on that board.. even though I am registered...  Can somebody post a screen capture of their Keggle BeerSmith2 equipment profile?
Thanks!

This is my equipment profile, it's for a 4 vessel brew rig using 3 x 50 lt stainless steel kegs and 1 x 10lt HERMS, although there is not a lot of difference between a BIAB system and a 3 vessel system as far as the equipment profile setup is concerned.

CRider said:
What does the weight of the brewing kettle/keg have to do w/anything?

The weight of the mash vessel is important because that affects the thermal mass of the mash tun, the heavier the vessel the more heat it will absorb before it equalises.
I weighed my mash tun on bathroom scales to get the exact weight and I hit my target mash in temp exactly every time.

cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1,311
Back