• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Change in equipment profile doesn't update recipes using that profile

mmonacel

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have an equipment profile called My Equipment.  While working on a recipe in my Brew Log prepping for a brew day, I went to the equipment profile (not through the recipe itself, but through another tab) and tweaked my boil off rate.  The recipes that use this profile were not updated.  Even after closing the recipe and opening again it was not the case.  I needed to either manually update or choose another profile and choose mine again for it to update.

This is "normal".  I can see the logic since you don't want all of your old recipes already brewed auto updated.  If you want recipes to use the new profile you need to re-select it in the recipe screen.

Mark

Hi,
  For a whole bunch of reasons each recipe has a complete copy of the equipment in it.  This lets you record recipes "as brewed" even if your normal equipment changes periodically, and also keeping a complete copy allows you to share recipes with others.

As Mark notes, you need to reselect the equipment if you want to update your equipment settings.

Brad

But make sure you note the "Batch Size" of the original recipe because if the capacity or your equipment is different the the original equipment, the volume of water will change but the ingredients will not.  The only thing that was changed in the photos was the equipment.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 402
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 380
Back