• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't save new Beer Style Profile or Mash Profiles

AntroZero

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am creating new profiles for beer (example Cascadian Dark Ale) and custom mashing profiles. When i click OK/save they are not permanently saved.

BeerSmith Build: 2.0.40

Apologies if this is a repeat (i did a quick search and nothing for this came up). Let me know if there's more information i can provide. Thanks for your help.

I would like to do the same thing, but can't figure out how to accomplish this.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same issue.
I'm currently running Version 2.0.40 and I can't save a new beer style.
I'm tying to add American Black Ale (Cascadian) and BeerSmith will not save the new style.
I even tried to copy and paste an existing style, which seemed to work initially, but once I changed the style and saved it, it was gone.

I contacted BeerSmith about this issue. Their response follows:
BeerSmith only shows styles that match the currently set guide - so that is likely why yours are disappearing.
Go to the Options dialog->Brewing Tab and look for the field that says "Style Guide to Display".  Set it to "All" and it will display all of the style guides (including the ones you added). 
By default it will only show those styles that exactly match the style guide name shown here.

After making the suggested changes, my new American Black Ale style is displayed.

Thanks BeerSmith!

Back