• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Crashing while Printing

wlandry

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Since I downloaded the upgrade to BS2 when I build a recipe and go to print the brewsheet, it crashes BS2 and I lose whatever work I've done, even if I save it.

Same here.  It doesn't always happen, but it's definitely more often than not.  About 90% of the time when it does crash, I'll lose EVERYTHING I have done during the session.  This translates to about 3 or 4 hours worth of time lost since I "upgraded" to BS2, plus all the scheduling conflicts that ensue. 

This morning, I completed a full physical inventory and planned all my brews for September.  I went to print the shopping list, and BS2 crashed.  I lost all of today's work, which basically kills my whole weekend as I only had a window of about 2 hours to get my shopping list together and purchase my ingredients. 

I won't be using BS2 again until there is a fix in place.  :mad: 

Could you post here or send to Brad your system configurations?  Then someone with a comparable system could try to replicate and help de-bug it.

Repetitive crashes are usually caused by specific bugs against specific OS and/or platforms. 

Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit, Service Pack 2
Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 @ 2.10 GHz
4.0 GB RAM
Printing to an Epson Artisan 810 via 802.11g wireless network printer

BS2 and FireFox are the only applications running when the crashes occur.

I've never had any printing issues in any other programs.  I don't think I've ever had any program crashes other than the typical bad websites crashing FireFox every once in a while, and that's quite rare (and never in conjunction with the BS2 crashes.) 

Oddly enough, I have been using build 40 pretty much since the day it came out, but suddenly today I started having this issue.  I installed do-pdf ver7 and it started immediately after that, so that has to have something to do with it.  If you're not familiar with it, do-pdf is a freeware util that just makes it easy to print to pdf.

HP Laptop
Windows XP MCE
BeerSmith 2.0.40

I am having the same issue -- when I print a recipe the program often crashes and does not save any of the data I have been working on.  Workaround is to close the program, then reopen and print.  This seems to save my data, but it does not always solve the print issue.  I have also noticed that if I close all the tabs except for the list containing the recipe I am trying to print it seems to work better.  Sometimes it prints but more often it doesn't.  It seems to balk more if I change the report format before I print, and will only allow one change of report format.  I also close all other programs before printing.  Doesn't help. 

Frustrating problem. 

My computer:
Microsoft XP Pro Version 5.1.2600
Service Pack 3
4gb memory
x86 Family Model 23 Processor 2600MHz
BIOS Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
I updated the drivers for all peripherals, including
HP Photosmart D7160 printer

Back