• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Moved BeerSmith2 folder and lost data

smokinghole

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I had moved the folder thinking nothing of the move about two days ago.  I went to open the program today and everything that I had imported and or made new in beersmith2 has disappeared.  I did a system restore on my computer to hopefully undo whatever I had done and it made no difference.  There were new recipe make ups, and yeast lists, and mash profiles saved that vanished into computer wonderland.  Is there a way for me to find these files again or do I have to go back and redo all the setup over again (it took a good while to bring BSM2 up to where I had my original BSM.  Now it's back to square one with the exception of being able to import all the old recipes that were imported from the original BSM. 

Nevermind I found it after clicking on each and every recipe.bsm file on my computer the second round through them. 

I'm still confused as to why the program dropped the files in the first place.

Back