• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

mash profiles old vs. new

G

ggltd

I have a custom set of mash profiles based on my equipment.  I am running Windows XP Pro.
Example:  “My Temp Mash 1 Step LB 150 deg 10 gal “  1. Add 6.75 gal at 150 degrees  2. Raise to 168 over  15 minutes. Then sparge with 8.59 gal. This then gives me a boil size of 12.9 gal.  This works just fine if I import this into the new version. If I start this exact same recipe from scratch, the program tells me I need to mash with 8.1 gal and sparge with 7.24 gal.  I can’t over ride this.  Maybe at the create recipe screen it would be possible to manually type into the mash profile the amount of water to be added like the old version, or change the programming to allow a FIXED mash volume.  I always mass in with 6.75 gallons regardless of the recipe.  I have downloaded the latest fix- before this it would have me mash in with 18 gal and sparge with negative 1.5 gal. Much thanks, Gary

ggltd said:
I have a custom set of mash profiles based on my equipment.  I am running Windows XP Pro.
Example:  “My Temp Mash 1 Step LB 150 deg 10 gal “  1. Add 6.75 gal at 150 degrees  2. Raise to 168 over  15 minutes. Then sparge with 8.59 gal. This then gives me a boil size of 12.9 gal.  This works just fine if I import this into the new version. If I start this exact same recipe from scratch, the program tells me I need to mash with 8.1 gal and sparge with 7.24 gal.  I can’t over ride this.  Maybe at the create recipe screen it would be possible to manually type into the mash profile the amount of water to be added like the old version, or change the programming to allow a FIXED mash volume.  I always mass in with 6.75 gallons regardless of the recipe.  I have downloaded the latest fix- before this it would have me mash in with 18 gal and sparge with negative 1.5 gal. Much thanks, Gary

+1 I just encountered this issue myself...  I got around it by exporting the recipe to BSM format, changed it in BSM 1.4, re-exported it, and then imported it into BSM 2 (build 40).  Not exactly "smooth", but it worked for my next brew day.

Back