• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Update Style Guide Sliders based on measured values

jdbrown

Apprentice
Reaction score
The thread title says it all.  It would be great if the Style Guide Comparison graphical sliders were able to display actual values based on measured quantities rather than just estimates from the recipe.  I know I can always go back and change the estimated values, but I'd love to be able to see at a glance what I actually made as compared to what I was targeting.  I think the ideal would be a second slider (maybe just a dotted line or a different colored marker sticking off the bottom) that represented the brewed beer.  The other approach would be a switch somewhere (maybe in tools->options) to switch the style guide sliders between recipe values and as-brewed values.

I usually adjust the efficiency so that the estimated and actual gravity numbers numbers jive.  This helps me to fine tune my estimations based on the efficiency I am actually experiencing to where there very close. Attenuation is a little harder to pin down, so I agree that it would be cool for the ABV based measured final gravity to show up on the slider.

Hi,
  I appreciate the suggestion - perhaps I could put another arrow in a different color with actuals (once you enter them of course).  I think it is a great idea and have added it to the list.  Another alternative would be to have a set of sliders on the fermentation tab that show actuals.

Brad

I would also like to see something like this. Has there been an update or a new feature added, great idea.

Back