• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BrewProcess TXT report glitch

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
The BrewProcess TXT report does not recognize FWH entries and place them in the sparge section of the report.

Add first wort hops during sparge
Amount        Item                                      Type        % or IBU     
0.50 oz      Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.20 %]  (90 min) (FHops        35.1 IBU     
Sparge with 4.07 gal of 168.0 F water.

This is how is presents in v1.4 and is missing from v2.0.  Other comments like Prepare 8.64 gal Water for Brewing also do not get picked up. 

Hey Brad
Curious if you've fixed this I just downloaded bld 48 but I'm brewing tomorrow and didn't want to mess with software changes. 

Classic Recipe and Brewsheet each pick up FWH and the water prep statement, so I figure it is the codes not being recognized in the new version. 

I'm doing 100% FWH tomorrow, so no hops appear on the BrewProcess printout.  The brewer would have to remember them and that may cause people problems.

Mission Accomplished.  Thanks Brad. 

---SPARGE PROCESS---
>>>>>>>>>>-RECYCLE FIRST RUNNINGS & VERIFY GRAIN/MLT TEMPS: 68.0 F/65.0 F
>>>>>>>>>>-ADD BOIL CHEMICALS BEFORE FWH
Fly sparge with 3.47 gal water at 168.0 F
Amt                  Name                                    Type          #        %/IBU       
3.50 oz              Goldings, East Kent [4.00 %] - First Wor Hop          14      47.0 IBUs   

Back