• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Add partial ingredient list to shopping list

jdbrown

Apprentice
Reaction score
When I start designing a recipe, typically I'll have most of the base malt, some or all of the hops, and maybe half of the specialty malts.  Unfortunately, the only button for the shopping cart is the one that adds all ingredients from a recipe regardless of what you have in inventory.  I'd like to see two other options:
1) Add missing ingredients to shopping list.
This would compare the recipe ingredient list to your inventory and add anything missing to your shopping list.
2) Add selected ingredient to shopping list.
I'll plan a couple recipes at a time, and both may need the same specialty malt.  I might have enough in inventory for one of the two recipes, so the option suggested above wouldn't catch this or add it to my shopping list.  I'd like to just select an ingredient (or multiple ingredients) and click a button to automatically put it on my list.

Thanks,
  Those are great suggestions - I will add them both to my "to do" list.

Brad

I agree - that is something I'd find really useful as it tells me only what I need to buy, having deducted what I already have in inventory.

Back