• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sharing Recipes in BeerSmith 2.0

telemarkmt

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Your license says it's good for two computers. With BeerSmith 1.4 I was able to share a recipe folder via drop box with my son who lives 90 miles away.  We can't seem to get this to work in 2.  Are we doing something wrong or is this feature not supported in version 2?

Hi
  While it is not supported, some people have been able to use the "Change Document Directory" to point to a shared folder and have it run from more than one computer.  However doing this is dangerous as running the program from both computers at the same time will result in the copies overwriting each other creating plenty of problems...

I recommend a simple approach - export the recipes you want to share using "Export Selected" on the File menu.  Save them as a BSMX file and then share that BSMX file via dropbox or your favorite sharing site.

On the other end - open the BSMX file, and then copy/paste what you want to save into your My Recipes folder.

Brad

Back