• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Misc Ingredients Question

LiveWire

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just started using Beer Smith 2 and my first creation was a Pumpkin Ale. In the Misc ingredients I added the pumpkin puree and the Brown Sugar to the recipe but now with those additions I have added more sugars that should effect by end result correct? And if that does alter the recipe I would think that we will need a more detailed add-on for sugars and products that contain lots of sugar. I added 5 oz of brown sugar and 1lb 14oz of pumpkin puree to the batch so wont that alter the end result?

If what you are adding is fermentable, it should be listed under 'Grains' as either a Sugar or an Adjunct. You will find that brown sugar is already there.

I do see that now Thanks! And it did make a big difference in my end result when I added it correctly. But what about the pumpkin puree?

Back