• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sources for the shopping list

brewfun

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I would like the option to add columns for ingredient origin and supplier for the shopping list. And perhaps to the inventory as well.

I use this program commercially. I have a couple of malt and hop suppliers and each of those has several manufacturer choices. I already have the manufacturers in the origin field. Having this on the report would let me delegate ordering without having to go back to the ingredient lists and hand write the manufacturer and supplier.

Thanks,
  In the build 42 update (here: http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,5649.0.html) I did include a longer description of each ingredient.  I'm not sure it has everything you want, but it does provide a lot more information than the previous version.

If something is still missing, let me know and I can probably add it to a future shopping update.

Brad

I had build 40, and downloaded build 42.

I guess what I'm looking for only exists in the grain database. There, "origin" and "source" are available fields. In Hops, origin exists, but not source.

It looks like "notes" is a field that exists across all the ingredient databases, and can be added to the shopping list. It seems I could add the origin and source, there. It just wouldn't be sortable.

Thanks for your work, though. This program is miles ahead of anything else and I know it is aimed at homebrewers, not probrewers.

Back