• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

WxWidgets Debug Alert

Foxy74

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using BS2 without too many drama's since July. Occasionally it would restart my system but seemed to work ok after that. I did notice that once I clicked the Equipment icon yesterday that it restarted but hasn't happened again. On with the real problem -->

My current issue is that as of tonight I am unable to open BS2 at all. I get the following error message;

WxWidgets Debug Alert
..\wx\include\wx/dynarray.h(833): assert "uiIndex < m_nCount" failed in wxBaseArrayInt::Item().
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.

Doesn't matter if I click 'Yes, No or Cancel', the program won't start and each time I try, I get the above error message.

I tried restarting and the error was still present.

I'm running Windows XP (SP3) with Automatic Updates 'on' and everything up to date.

I downloaded the BS2 installer again as suggested. Reinstalled, tried again - same error.

Installed the  Visual C++ 2008 runtime, nothing seems to have happened, error is still present. Still unable to open BS2.

:'( I use BS2 almost every day, love the program - hopefully I won't lose my recipes.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers

Hi,
  I would guess that somehow one of the files has been corrupted in some way.

You have two options:
  - You can try build 42 which is here on the forum - it might correct the issue as I did fix some issues with it:
      http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,5649.0.html

- Option B is to rename your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory which will result in a clean install.  Rename it to something like "BeerSmith_OLD" and then restart BeerSmith
  - Once you restart it should come up with an empty set of recipes and likely ask you for your registration key again
  - After you have it up and running you can open the "Recipe.bsmx" and other files in your BeerSmith_OLD directory and then copy/paste items from it as needed into your new copy.  If you have trouble opening a file, you can also try the backups which are numbered (Recipe1.bsmx for example).

Cheers,
Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks, I had also arrived at the same conclusion (Option B). I uninstalled completely after backing up the BS2 folder and then cut/paste the .bsmx files back in once reinstalled. No problems, working fine again  :)

Cheers

Back