• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Data from 1.4 import during 2.0 install is corrupted

tcyr

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I installed 2.0 Build 40, it detected a previous installation of 1.4, it offered to automatically import my data and I let it, but when I opened up my recipes some of the data was corrupted. Specifically the mash profile info at the bottom...the water measure and/or temperature are NEGATIVE numbers!

Also, the ingredient measurements in the main recipe window are not "technically" corrupt, but they are definitely weird....for instance instead of 6lb of gain, it shows 5lb 16oz!

Hi,
  If you want to send me your BeerSmith 1.4 (BSM) file I can take a look at a few sample recipes and try to figure out why the import did not go well.  I know we had some issues early on with people importing recipes with foreign characters in them but it sounds like you have a different problem. 

Send a few recipes you are having problems with in BeerSmith 1.4 format (BSM file) to my email address which is beersmith at my beersmith.com domain.

Brad

Back