• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Folder numbering

Beer4Me

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm adding a folder into BeerSmith that is titled BJCP Guidelines, with sub folders within it. Like this.
The smal window towards the left (My Receipes) has them listed in numerical order.

1. Light Lager
2. Pilsner
etc.
10. American Ale
11. English Brown
etc.
20. Fruit Beer

The bigger window in the center of the screen is showing them like this.

1. Light Lager
10. American Ale
11. English Brown
etc.
19. Strong Ale
2. Pilsner
20. Fruit Beer
How do I get this changed in the bigger window?

Thanks...

I have the same problem with XL. Number them '01' '02', etc, with a leading zero.

Ding, ding, ding!  When you look at the folder names as strings, they sort in alphabetical order, hence 1., 10.,...  The folder names are not stored as numbers.  This is always a pain for programmers.  I learned a long time ago to do the leading '0' idea.  You just need to plan ahead: do I need 2 digits or 3?  Then start with 01 or 001.

Beer_Tigger said:
Ding, ding, ding!  When you look at the folder names as strings, they sort in alphabetical order, hence 1., 10.,...  The folder names are not stored as numbers.  This is always a pain for programmers.  I learned a long time ago to do the leading '0' idea.  You just need to plan ahead: do I need 2 digits or 3?  Then start with 01 or 001.

Stupid computer should do what I want not what I say  :eek:

Hi,
  I think putting a space in front of the single digits also works.

Brad

jomebrew said:
Beer_Tigger said:

Stupid computer should do what I want not what I say  :eek:

Computers are very stupid.  They only do what you say, not what you mean.

Back