• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS2.0 Hangs when changing default directory

gruversm

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I'm running BS2.0 build 42 on a MacOSX Lion.

The last time I installed BS all of the files (i.e. recipes, reports, ingredients, etc) got installed into the "Applications" Folder.  Since I knew this wasn't right, I backed up all of those .bsmx files to another directory, deleted BS2.0 and then reinstalled.

When I reinstalled BS2.0 I tried changing the default documents directory to the "Documents" directory and then moving my backed up files to that directory.

Here's the problem:  BS hangs (non-responsive) and I have to force-quit.

Here's my question:  What I am doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Hi,
  If you use the standard installation (drag the app over to the applications folder), BeerSmith will store all of your data to the Documents/BeerSmith2 directory by default.

You should not need to move them unless you really want them stored somewhere else.

If you already changed the directory and now have it in a bad state, send me an email and I can help you reinstall everything cleanly.

Thanks,
Brad

Back