• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Report Template Problem

dongordon

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am using build 42 as it fixed the template file name problems, which are working well.  But now there seems to be a problem with the report template.  If you use the $HOPS within the html, it does not format in the nice columns.  It lists the data in one string of text. 

In trying to debug my code, I used the Competition.htm template from the programfiles(x86)/beersmith2/reports directory.  It works fine when I load it from this directory; nice columns formatted for $HOPS.  When I copied this template and place it in the documents/beersmith2/reports directory, load it as a report then the $HOPS is listed as a string of text and not formatted.

Two files attached.  The one called "Good" is using the Competition htm from the programfiles(x86)/beersmith2/reports directory.  The second is called Bad which is the same template file sitting in the documents/beersmith2/reports directory.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a problem within BeerSmith2?  Thanks for taking a look at this.

Attachments

• Good.jpg
    Good.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 440
  • Bad.jpg
    Bad.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 367
Hi,
  It looks to me like you may be setting the "Type" of the report to text when you add it in the Options dialog, Reports tab.  If you don't have it set to HTML type it is going to put all of the fields out as plain text - which will be most noticeable for the tables which will lack any HTML formatting.

Try editing the report you added in the Reports tab of the options dialog and making sure it is set to be a HTML report.

Brad

Thanks Brad for the response!  In fact I had it as a text file and not html.  Changed it to html and it works perfectly.  Thanks for the help on this!

Back