• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Remove from inventory

H

hophead

My inventory was getting all messed up. I figured out today that my entire recipe was not being removed from the data when I clicked on 'remove from inventory'

It will just remove the 1st base grain in the recipe only. Funny but it removes the hops. What up?

hophead,
 It will only remove items from inventory if they are an exact match, so if your recipe says "Pale malt, 6 row" and the inventory has "Pale malt, 2 row" they will not match.

I probably should have it query you for an alternative when   it can't find a match...I will add it to the list.

Cheers!
Brad

Hi all,

As far as I can see, this "remove from inventory" function will remove all the items which are exact match and for which the quantity is sufficient.

My issue is that when I have one item which cannot be removed, all the other components are.
So, when I fix the missing item and I rerun the "remove from inventory", most of the items are removed for the second time.

Can we have a "all or none" removal function?

Also, is there a function "verify against inventory" to validate that all the components are available without affecting the inventory?
(and pointing out what is missing)

Finally, is there an "undo" remove from inventory function?

I am running version 1.4 build 037.

Many thanks,          Gulliver

Gulliver,
Thanks for your input - I agree this could be better implemented.  However you can undo it using the undo button if you find you are missing an ingredient and then fix it and run it again.

Brad

Thanks Brad,

Are you planning to integrate the other two functions sometimes in the future?

Regards,  Gulliver.

Brad,

I am also having the same issue.  What I would like is when I open each item on the recipe that the dialogue box would show the amount in inventory.  That way I could pull up a recipe from my files.  Check each item and have it show what I have in inventory.  If it shows zero, I know that either I have none in inventory or no match and I can fix before I brew and remove from inventory. 

It would also be handy to be able to pull up a recipe, check each item and know whether I need to get more supplies or that I have what I need on hand and can put that brew at the top of the que.

I have found the inventory and shopping list features to be the best addition since I have had this software.  I have so many different grains, hops and misc that it makes it so easy to track my inventory with these features. 

Back