Author Topic: No Print  (Read 3288 times)

Offline afribrew

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
No Print
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:09:06 AM »
When I select a recipe without opening it and click on "Print", whether on the toolbar, File menu or right-click menu, nothing happens.

My computer:
 BeerSmith 2.0.42
 Microsoft XP Pro SP3
 1Gb memory

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: No Print
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »
Hi,
  Try opening Internet Explorer first and see if you can print a web page from there.  BeerSmith uses internet explorer as a plugin, so if your printing in IE is messed up you won't be able to print from BeerSmith either.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline afribrew

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:29:11 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion Brad, but I can print from Internet Explorer (version 8.0.6001.18702) without a problem. If I click on "Preview", I can print from within the preview screen, but not directly from the "Print" button. Tried changing to another printer and still no luck.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 08:33:11 AM »
Hi,
  That is very odd as the preview and print use nearly identical code to make an ActiveX call to Internet Explorer to display or print the file.

I'll take a another look at it, but it is hard to imagine what could be wrong as it is literally only 2-3 lines of code.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline afribrew

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 12:34:13 AM »
Thanks Brad. I know it can be frustrating, especially not being able to replicate a bug on your side. All I'm doing is making you aware of it; it's not a major issue.

I had the program crash on me today, but cannot remember the exact sequence of events that resulted in the crash. As far as I recall I closed all the open tabs one after the other until I had nothing left open (just a blank window except the toolbar) when the crash occurred. Windows asked whether I wanted to send an error report. The ensuing crash resulted in me losing all my recipe changes, including all the program changes (customised columns, options etc.) that I made. I will give you more useful feedback if I manage to replicate the error again. Don't know if it will be of any assistance, but I have attached the logs from Windows event viewer.