• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

No Print

afribrew

Apprentice
Reaction score
When I select a recipe without opening it and click on "Print", whether on the toolbar, File menu or right-click menu, nothing happens.

My computer:
BeerSmith 2.0.42
Microsoft XP Pro SP3
1Gb memory

Hi,
  Try opening Internet Explorer first and see if you can print a web page from there.  BeerSmith uses internet explorer as a plugin, so if your printing in IE is messed up you won't be able to print from BeerSmith either.

Brad

Thanks for the suggestion Brad, but I can print from Internet Explorer (version 8.0.6001.18702) without a problem. If I click on "Preview", I can print from within the preview screen, but not directly from the "Print" button. Tried changing to another printer and still no luck.

Hi,
  That is very odd as the preview and print use nearly identical code to make an ActiveX call to Internet Explorer to display or print the file.

I'll take a another look at it, but it is hard to imagine what could be wrong as it is literally only 2-3 lines of code.

Brad

Thanks Brad. I know it can be frustrating, especially not being able to replicate a bug on your side. All I'm doing is making you aware of it; it's not a major issue.

I had the program crash on me today, but cannot remember the exact sequence of events that resulted in the crash. As far as I recall I closed all the open tabs one after the other until I had nothing left open (just a blank window except the toolbar) when the crash occurred. Windows asked whether I wanted to send an error report. The ensuing crash resulted in me losing all my recipe changes, including all the program changes (customised columns, options etc.) that I made. I will give you more useful feedback if I manage to replicate the error again. Don't know if it will be of any assistance, but I have attached the logs from Windows event viewer.

Attachments

• log1.txt
    837 bytes · Views: 216
  • log2.txt
    481.5 KB · Views: 403
  • log3.txt
    835 bytes · Views: 222
  • log4.txt
    206.1 KB · Views: 344
Back