• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How do i figure this out

Primevci

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I jsut started all grain and getting ready to do my first batch and playing with programs to see if they would help how do i figure out the batch sparging option that is right for me i am using a RubberMaid home made MLT with stainless braided hose as filter thanks...

Start by setting up your equipment profile. 

Click Profile then Equipment profiles.  Click help to learn how to setup for your system

You can also create your own mash profile.  I copied the Single Infusion Medium Body Batch Sparge and made some tweaks for my own base profile

Add your recipe selecting your newly created equipment profile and then your mash profile

I copy my recipe to Brew Log and edit the new copy

After I select my mash profile in the recipe, I click the little bock with a check the right of it.  I tweak it for this recipe / brew day and save it by clicking OK

I have Brew Log selected.  I have a split screen with the recipe at the top and the report at the bottom.  You can change the preview pane by clicking the page looking icon to the right of the search box.  I use

I highlight my recipe and look in the preview panel at the bottom.  I often select the Brew Process TXT.  I usually print it too.

Having said all that, I can never make sense of beersmith batch sparge water so I use my own too based on John Palmers and BYO magazine formulas. 

Back