• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Issues Running in Wine 1.2.3 on Ubuntu 11.04

frieed

Apprentice
Reaction score
I know this is not exactly a mainstream platform, but thought you might want to know anyway

while playing with the BS2 trial I noted the following:

1: No mouse clicks captured when the application is not on the default monitor in a multiple monitor system
2: When adjusting OG, or Color, etc in the pop-up window, down arrow on value does not work(up arrow works fine)

both of these are easily overcome

assuming the calculations are accurate, this is an amazing tool for the home brewer!

thanks

Thanks,
  I've been looking at building a native Linux build (which is possible) but I need to get a Ubuntu development environment set up on one of my machines first. 

I was aware of the arrows issue, which is related to Wine and not the program itself.  I was not aware of the multiple monitor issues, but again I think it may be Wine related as the BeerSmith app works perfectly on both Mac and PC with multiple monitors.

I think the long term solution is a native Linux build (likely for Ubuntu) - I hope to work on this a bit after I get the next release out in a few weeks.

Brad

Yeah,

Funny thing about free software... Usually worth every cent you paid for it..

I really would like to see a native Linux version though.

Back