• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Deleted recipe add-ons and now all of my own recipes are gone!

CosmicJam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Like the title says basically.

I was messing with some downloaded recipes and downloaded the the brewing network cybi recipes. i then decided to delete them all and re-download to get the original recipes that I hadn't altered. But after I went back from the add-ons screen there was nothing left. For some reason deleting those files deleted my own recipes folder!

Is there any way these recipes aren't deleted for good and are somewhere in the folder? I would really like them back as there was a lot of effort put into them and its a record of all my past recipes and ones I am planning to do!

Its build 40 on windows 7 if that helps. Should I do like it says in the other lost recipe thread?

OK, so I think I have sorted it out using the other thread.

Loaded up Recipe1.bsmx through to Recipe5.bsmx and they had what I wanted. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference between them other than I think that the first one was the most recent. That's a good feature there that automatically backs up the files.

Sorry about the panic in the first post, haha, still strange how they were deleted and probably is a bug. I think it might have happened because I amalgamated the recipes into folders so when it deleted them it ran out of root folders to delete and started deleting mine.

Cheers.

Hi,
I'll go back and check, but if you do store your recipes in the same folders as the add-ons they could be deleted along with the add-on folders.

I do recommend storing your recipes somewhere else (not in the add-on folders) before uninstalling the add-ons.  However, I'll revisit the code and see if I can make it handle this particular case better.

Brad

Back