• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

beer xml

erikn68

Apprentice
Reaction score
Brad,

I noticed under the normal .xml file that it duplicates the hops in the file.  So I have a recipe with one addition, but changed it to four.  Just for your information for next updates.  I was able to manually go in the file, since I understand the code and remove the extras.  I am using it to put it on my phone with an app that will import .xml files so on brew day it is on my phone with me in the garage.

Thanks

Erik

Erik,
  If you grab the beta build for BeerSmith (build 42) I believe it fixes the XML export issue.  Its available for download now in a pinned post here on the forum.

Also next week I have it coming out as a formal release which also adds BeerXML import.

Brad

Brad,

I edited the xml file so I do html, xhtml, css, and xml programming and manually removed the extra hops myself.  It took about 2 minutes to do.  I was just thinking of people who don't know how to program in xml.

Erik

Back