• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Grain Updates

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
 Posted a number of new updates today available from the main page including Crisp, Cargill and Schreier grain listings, plus a word based label template and also February recipes.

Thanks to all who contributed - whether it be a recipe, grain listing, template or other file!

Cheers!
Brad

But when I try "Tools/Update BeerSmith from Internet" it says there are no updates.  How hard is it to put these upades into the update fromat as opposed to download and import?  If it's easy, then have BeerSmith configurable to automatically check for updates when starting? ;)

Also, the Word doc template link doesn't work.

Also, also, the DR's label & report come down as empty zip files.

Guess I should try everything first, then post a summary of my issues.

Hi,
 The specialty grains are NOT part of the default database so they do not come down as automatic updates.  After some discussion here we decided to post them as "optional add ons" since many people did not want several hundred vendor specific grains in their database.  It is primarily for more advanced users.  You can access them from the data updates page and add only the ones you want.

I just corrected the word file - it was a naming problem.

Both of the ZIP files come down just fine and I was able to open them (DR's templates).  Perhaps some problem with your firewall or default handling of downloads??

Cheers!
Brad

Back