• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith 2 Build 46 (Formal Release) Available

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,
  Build 46 (an official release) is available.  It adds a lot of new features including BeerXML import, a small toolbar mode for expert users, improvments to the shopping cart and inventory and many more.  It also corrects a critical bug in the previous version (build 45 which was available for a few days) that incorrectly sorted steps in mash profiles.

Download it from the main download page here (even if you have a previous version):
    http://www.beersmith.com/download-beersmith/

Release notes detailing the dozens of changes and fixes here:
  http://www.beersmith.com/beersmith-2-build-45-2-0-45-release-notes/

Cheers,
Brad

Hey Brad

I just installed the newest release and I'm not sure if anyone else reported this issue but when I ran the installer to the same drive as the previous version (I was on BS2) I received an error message saying that the executable file could not be written to the directory it was trying to install it to.  What I did was delete the current executable file I had in the directory and re-ran the installer and that worked.  I'm on a PC. 

Brad,

The latest download (BeerSmith 2 Build 46) has solved my scrambled Mash Profile Steps problem from the previous build download but sadly whenever I try to adjust the step temperature in my recipe Mash Profile the old problem comes back again (see attachment). With my HERMS I only step mash using "Temperature" but still get the "Add Water" readout when trying to adjust.
Hope you can help?

Cheers,
Suds.

Attachments

• Still a Problem.jpg
    Still a Problem.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 329
Thanks. The BeerXML export issue with character encodings is fixed in this version and I can import into programs like Brewzor and competitions now. Thanks!

ryancrook said:
... the executable file could not be written to the directory it was trying to install it to.  What I did was delete the current executable file I had in the directory and re-ran the installer and that worked.  I'm on a PC....

Did you still have a version of BeerSmith running?  Windows will not allow you to overwrite the file if the program is running so you need to close BeerSmith before running the installer to update it.

Brad

Back