• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Preview doesn't show ingredients

MattHoll

Brewer
Reaction score
In build 40, and now in build 45, the previews of recipes don't show the ingredients at all.  It says "ingredients", then that entire section is just not there, listing nothing.  Doesn't matter which kind of preview I choose, each one doesn't work.  Sort of a bummer as I like to print out my recipes for brew day.

Hi,
  I believe this is an issue with dropbox or shared drives (at least in every case I've heard to date) - so if you are running the program with your Documents on dropbox or a shared drive you may run into this issue as they don't update quick enough for the embedded browser to get a proper preview.

The only workaround is to either move off dropbox/shared drive - at least until I can get additional fixes in.  I'm planning for a future update to allow the temporary files (such as those used for preview) to go into a separate local directory instead of the BeerSmith2 documents directory which should correct the issue.

Brad

I am indeed running from the Dropbox folder.  I'll test running outside of that at some point for printing.  Thanks Brad.

Good to know, guys.  I use DB as well, across two Macs.  I'm always careful to only open one at a time, and allow a few minutes, after closing, to let the tmp files clear out and sync.

For me, this issue seems to be resolved.  BUT, I had to delete a file in the Beersmith folder called BSCols.BXX.  Once I did, the issue is gone.  At least at the moment.

Back