• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Build 45: wxWidgets Debug Alert

MattHoll

Brewer
Reaction score
When starting up Beersmith 2.0 with the new build (45), I see this:

wxWidgets_debug_alert_beersmith.jpg

I click NO and start the program and haven't seen any problems from that, but I have no idea what it would effect, so dunno what I should be watching for.

Thanks,
  I will take a look at that section of code and see if I can determine anything.  I'm not sure what might be causing it, as I have not yet seen it on any of my test machines. 

Which columns do you have set up (custom ones) for the recipe view?  Its possible one of these might be causing an issue.

Brad

Hey Brad.

If you mean in the ingredients area, I haven't set any custom columns.  When I right click there, it says "customize columns", but that's greyed out and I can't select it.  So, haven't done anything there.  Guess that's available through options or something?

As you surmised in my other thread, though, I *am* running Beersmith from my Dropbox folder to sync it on my Mac and Windows box.  This particular error is coming up on both computers.  The Windows laptop is running Vista Home Premium, the iMac is running Snow Leopard, think it's 10.6.8.

It doesn't seem to be causing any troubles though.  Haven't noticed any quirky behavior of any kind.

Oh, and just downloaded build 46 and the error still occurs on the Windows laptop.  Haven't checked the iMac yet.

BTW:

Just looked at "view" when in the recipe view and "customize columns" is greyed out there as well.  By this, I mean if I actually have a recipe open.  If I'm in a folder viewing recipes, that option is not greyed out.  Only greyed out when a recipe is open, so can't adjust the columns in the ingredients section.

Hi,
  I was actually thinking of custom columns in the "My Recipes" view. 

I could suggest try renaming the "BSCols.BXX" file from the BeerSmith2 documents directory to something else.  It has the custom columns in it and if you remove it it will reset everything to defaults.  That will tell us pretty quickly if that is the cause.

Thanks,
Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  I was actually thinking of custom columns in the "My Recipes" view. 

I could suggest try renaming the "BSCols.BXX" file from the BeerSmith2 documents directory to something else.  It has the custom columns in it and if you remove it it will reset everything to defaults.  That will tell us pretty quickly if that is the cause.

Thanks,
Brad

Renaming that file didn't work.  But I renamed BSCols.BX2 and that DID work.  Opened without the error.  I closed it, reopened and it's still good.  I also dropped a bunch of new columns in there and it's still okay. 

Testing further:  I had to rename BOTH files.  The BX2 file gets rebuilt with a new file dropping itself in there while the BXX does not.  If I ONLY renamed one of them, it still has the error.  If I rename both, it seems okay.

Back