• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment Profile for 15.5 G Keggle and 10 G Mash Tun

ultravista

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Does anyone have an equipment profile for a 15.5 gallon keggle and 10 gallon "round" mash tun?

There is a default profile set that way. Its the 2nd to the last default profile I believe. Check notes at the end.

Pot and Cooler (10 Gal/37.8 L) - All Grain

Batch Size: 10.00 gal
Mash Volume: 10.00 gal
Boil Volume: 12.57 gal
Mash Tun Weight: 9 lbs
Evaporation Rate: 9.0 % Mash Tun Specific Heat: 0.30 cal/g-deg C
Boil Time: 60 Mash Tun Deadspace: 0.80 gal
Top-up for Boiler: 0.00 gal Equip Hop Utilization: 100.00 %
Losses to Trub/Chiller: 1.00 gal Cooling Loss (%): 4.00
Top up water for Fermenter: 0.00 gal 

Notes: Popular 10 gallon setup for all grain brewing. Uses a 10 gallon water cooler as mash tun for single infusion mashes and a 15 gallon brew pot for full size boil of the 12+ gallons of wort.

Can I easily change this to 5 gallons without interfering with the values set for 10 gallons? In other words, will 10 gallons boil off (evaporate) more?

Attached is my 13.5 gallon Euro keg (boiler) and 10-gallon Polarware pot as MLT. 

Note, however, that I do 4 gallon batches, leaving 1.25 of crap behind in the boiler. 

Attachments

• Keggle.bsmx
    1.3 KB · Views: 425
I can open the .bsmx file but how do I import or add this to my main equipment profile?

For example, when in a recipe, the "opened" .bsmx is not available.

open the profile,  right click copy open your profiles and paste.

I am in New England,  North Providence Rhode Island to be exact.  Sorry for the Delay,  very busy at work and it is war season so off fighting allot. 

Back