• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

CaCl and CaSO4 mistakes

Bjarnen

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

In the "water profile tool" window it says "CaCl" for calcium chloride, it should be CaCl2
according to wiki "Calcium(I) chloride (CaCl) is an unstable diatomic molecule whose bonding is strongly ionic in nature.[1] A solid with the composition CaCl was reported in 1953[2] however later efforts to reproduce this work failed.[3]"

Hydrates:
- I would also like to point to that CaSO4 (calcium sulfate) when called Gypsum is actually the dihydrate form CaSO4.2H2O  , this means that 1g CaSO4.2H2O equals 0.79g pure CaSO4.

- Also CaCl2 is mostly in the form CaCl2.2H2O (see: http://www.howtobrew.com/section3/chapter15-4.html)

cheers
Bjørn

I've just noticed the same thing about CaCl2 this morning and I was about to create a post about it, but I found this one. But still it wasn't corrected in the latest version of the software. I know it's not a big deal, but I was wondering if it will be corrected for the sake of science :)

Keep on the good work Brad !

Back