• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recover Deleted Style

student7

Apprentice
Reaction score
I accidentally deleted a style but don't know which one. ( I hit the delete button by mistake rather than the add style button.) Is there any way to figure out what I deleted and recover it?

Also, the only way I can find to see new styles I create is to show all styles in the options.  Unfortunately this puts a lot of duplicates in the list.  Is there any way to set it to show just BJCP plus the custom styles that I add?

Thanks

Hi,
  Try opening one of the backups (Style1.bsmx, Style2.bsmx, etc...) from your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory - these are backup files.  If you take a look at the file size you may be able to figure out which one has the additional styles in it.

All styles are tied to the style guide name, so if you use the BJCP style guide you need to name your new style guide with "BJCP 2008" as the style guide so it will be displayed when you only show the BJCP 2008 guide.

Brad

That worked - it was American Amber first one on the list.  Thanks!

Back