• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

adding hops to a recipe

Beezer94

Apprentice
Reaction score
The "Hop Form" selection when adding hops to a recipe defaults to pellets no matter what.  It needs to default to whatever the hop is set to.  For instance I created additional hops like "Amarillo 2011 Leaf" since I also have pellets.

Hi,
  The new version (build 46 on our main download page) allows selection of the hop form (pellet, leaf, plug) when adding a new hop ingredient to a recipe.

Grab the new version.

Brad

Yes that is the feature I am referring to.  I have that version.  In my inventory I have both leaf and pellet hops setup under properties of each variety.  That "Hop Form" selection when you are adding a hop to a recipe is always set to pellet.  So even though I select a hop in my inventory that is set to "leaf" in properties then "Hop Form" says "pellet" and I have to change it.

The addition "Hop Form" should default to whatever the inventory "Form" is set to.  Attached pictures of what I am referring to.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 364
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 374
Still hoping that the form in the column can be used to automatically change the form on the bottom.  When you have a dozen hop additions it's incredibly annoying to have to manually change this each time.

Thanks
  I corrected this in build 54 (which will be on the Bugs board here on the forum shortly).

Brad

Brad,

Will the change you made to v54 also allow for bulk changes to the hop inventory?  For example, I only use leaf hops and everything is always defaulted to pellet.  I would like a way to change the entire inventory to leaf.  I am hoping that this will also change them for when they are added to a recipe.  Thanks!

Cheers
Garry

Hi,
  No I don't have a way to currently "bulk change" hops inventory. What the new fix does is carry over the hop form from your selection, so if you have Aquila hops set to leaf in the hop database/inventory it will be added as a leaf hops in the recipe when you choose it.

Brad

Back