• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Frames resize between sessions (Mac OS X)

the_jazzman17

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I just upgraded to version 2.0.46.  When I open BeerSmith, there are 3 default "frames."  On the left is a toolbar (My Recipes, View, Profiles, Tools, etc.).  Then to the right, one called Recipes on the top, which lists all the recipes I've saved, and then the bottom frame defaults to the "Classic Recipe" report, and displays the first recipe sheet.

My question/problem is that the frame on the bottom containing the recipe report defaults to a fairly large size so that I cannot see the recipes I've saved in the frame above it; I have to resize the frame to see my recipes.  I do so, and then when I exit out of BeerSmith and reopen it, the program does not "remember" my resizing of the frame; it defaults back to the original large size.

I don't think that this problem was occurring before I upgraded from 2.0.40, but I could be wrong.  I'm running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 on a 13" MacBook Air.  I've attached (or at least tried to attach) the 2 relevant screenshots to illustrate the issue.

Thanks for your help!

Ty

Attachments

• Default_frames.jpg
    Default_frames.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 343
  • Resized_frames.jpg
    Resized_frames.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 349
I'm seeing the same thing with 2.0.46 on OS X Lion 10.7.2. I also have noticed that when I create a recipe I only get the recipe design window and no other tabs like mash details or fermentation shows up. I have to add ingredients, save the recipe and then open it back up if I want to make tweaks to other areas.

Oh I get that too (no buttons on a new recipe until adding ingredients and saving then reopening).  I hadn't tried to make a new recipe yet, but I checked it after your post.

Just to clarify, I'm using the same setup as you are: version 2.0.46 on OS X Lion 10.7.2.

Thanks,
  - I actually did not change the size of the preview window or code related to it - I think it is an existing bug that needs to be cleaned up
  - I confirm that the menu bar hiding (show/hide menu bar) is not saved between sessions.  I will add a new option so the program remembers the setting
  - The tab buttons are missing when you add a new recipe - not sure how we missed that one but it apparently was in all of the beta builds I put out and no one caught it

I will post a patch to the forum (beta version) as soon as I can get these fixed.  It will probably be build 47 or 48.

Brad

Hi,
  I actually made a fix to this (along with the recipe buttons problem) and posted it as a live update in the main download page (build 48).  I did it quickly but it seems to work much better at maintaining the position of the panes.

Brad

Back