• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

what kind of bottles

H

hunter

i've read on here that some people are getting empty beer bottles from beer stores,is it ok to bottle in beer bottle that was origanally a twist off cap.i've also read that green plastic bottles are not that great for beer,since that's all i can seem to find where i live.i just started brewing for the first time so i was just wandering.

I have only ever used brown and I have not used twist off.  But I guy I know has used the twist off's with no problem.

You can order bottle on line from several places or the LHBS should have them.

Don

Never had any luck with twist offs. If you over carbonate, which we all have done from time to time, there's a possibility the caps will blow off. The best way to get freebie bottles is from your local tavern. Or if you have a tavern, resturant or sandwitch shop in your area that sells and serves imports and speciality beers you can get pints and 22 ounce bottles. That's where all of mine came from.

Back