• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer Smith wont calculate a double sparge?

fishsticks

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get Beer Smith to do a "single infusion double sparge" mash profile. Using two equal sparges with no initial mash-out.

I'm using the "Single Infusion, Full Body Batch Sparge" profile. Even after clicking on the "Sparge using equal size batches" I still only get the initial mash in amount. Nothing else.

Below is a screen capture of the settings. The %of the mash tun is currently set to 40%. It was at 90%

beersmith.jpg

Are you getting this from the Mash Profile window of the Main Recipe view or are you seeing that in the Brew Sheet?  To see the sparging steps/amounts you need to look at the Preview Brew Sheet - a button at the top right of the main tool bar.  You get different results if you choose Drain Mash Tun Before Sparging.  You can also change the sparge qtys by adjusting the % of mash tun volume used.

The info I needed did show up on the Brew Sheet. Stupid question I guess... :-[

I'll get this program down sooner or later.

Cheers!

Back