• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Data loss bug in build 46

agusus

Apprentice
Reaction score
BeerSmith 2 build 46 is deleting / losing my Notes data. This is the reason I almost stopped using BeerSmith 1. Please don't lose valuable brewing notes - I might as well use Notepad if BeerSmith is going to delete my records.

Repro:
open recipe "A" from Recipe tab. Click on Notes, append some text.
Go to Recipe tab, open recipe "B", now close it by clicking Ok.
click the tab for recipe "A"
Your appended text in Notes is now gone.

It doesn't really matter what recipe A and B are, it appears to happen with all recipes.

I started using build 48 yesterday and had to start over 3 time on entering in a recipe due to program crashes.  I data loss is related to the program not writing changes to disk as records are updated, but instead waiting to write them to disk upon exit.

Hi,
  I just found out about the notes issue - and I'm correcting it as fast as I can in the next update.  It will save your notes if you press OK without switching tabs within the recipe.

The data is not written to disk until you exit, except that it will autosave your data after 5 minutes if it is idle.

If you are having crashes please let me know the specifics behind them and I will certainly correct them as fast as I can.

Brad

Back