• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cut-And-Paste Recipe Doesn't Work on New Mac Version

makisupa

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm trying to cut and paste my text-based recipes from the recipe window and it's simple not working. Tried it on a couple Mac and it still doesn't work. Can't 'Select All' and can only drag on text that's visible. Tried to do some work-arounds like exporting to a PDF or text file but it's not translating the line breaks. Any help or is this a known bug?

Hi,
  The best way to export a text recipe on the Mac (or HTML) is to work from the My Recipes view with the Preview pane visible (either on the right or bottom).

Pick the report format you want to use (any of them work - but plain text may be best) and then use the Save Report button in the preview pane to save it as a file. 

Now you have the report in plain text or HTML and you can use it as you wish (copy/paste, etc...)

I agree it would be nice to have the flexibility that the PC version has to select some text in the preview window and copy/paste it.  I'm looking at adding that in to a future update.

Brad

Back