• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Post Boil volume

Jaguar10301

Apprentice
Reaction score
My post boil volume doesn't seem to calculate right on my recipes, never had this problem on beersmith 1

I'm doing a 10 gallon batch today and it's telling me i'll end up with 11.45 gallons.

I thought it had to do with my equipment settings, but I lowered some of the trub loss, etc... and it isn't changing on the recipe.

i also don't really like some of the equipment settings.  My equipment work for 10 or 5 gallon batches, I should be setting batch size in the recipe not the equipment.

I figured it out, i had to change those settings in the recipe.

so whats the point of the ones in the equipment if they don't factor into any calcs, or do they just set the recipe settings when you make a new recipe and then you have to adjust in the recipe if you want to alter it?

If I'm understanding your predicament correctly, any changes you make to profiles or ingredient list has to be "refreshed" in your pre-existing recipes.  If you already have your recipes made up and you then make changes to your Profile or Ingredients, you have to go back into your recipe and re-select the edited profile/ingredient for it to then recalculate using your new inputs.
I hope that helped.

Back