• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS 2.0.48 Ingredients Not Displaying

georgeh

New Forum Member
Reaction score
None of my beer reports have grains or hops in them. For example, when I edit this recipe I see the grains and hops all listed with the proper amounts, but in the text process report it looks like this:

Code:
---WATER CHEMISTRY ADDITIONS----------------

Total Grain Weight: 15 lbs	Total Hops: 8.00 oz oz.
---MASH PROCESS------MASH PH:5.40 ------
>>>>>>>>>>-ADD WATER CHEMICALS BEFORE GRAINS!!<<<<<<<
Name              Description                             Step Temperat Step Time     
Mash In           Add 18.75 qt of water at 163.7 F        152.0 F       75 min        
Mash Out          Add 12.00 qt of water at 196.6 F        168.0 F       10 min        

---SPARGE PROCESS---
>>>>>>>>>>-RECYCLE FIRST RUNNINGS & VERIFY GRAIN/MLT TEMPS: 72.0 F/72.0 F
>>>>>>>>>>-ADD BOIL CHEMICALS BEFORE FWH
Fly sparge with 1.77 gal water at 168.0 F
---BOIL PROCESS-----------------------------
Est Pre_Boil Gravity: 1.060 SG	Est OG: 1.068 SG

---FERM PROCESS-----------------------------
Primary Start: 02/05/2011 - 7.00 Days at 68.0 F
Secondary Start: 02/12/2011 - 14.00 Days at 68.0 F
Style Carb Range: 2.20-2.70 Vols
Bottling Date: 02/26/2011 with 2.4 Volumes CO2: 
---NOTES------------------------------------

I imported this recipe from BS1 on Windows to BS2 on Mac, but it also happens on recipes that I create from scratch. .bsmx file is attached.

Attachments

• engagement.bsmx
    23 KB · Views: 174
Hi,
  Are you running from Dropbox or a network drive?  I ask because a lot of people have had this type of problem when their documents are stored in dropbox.

I opened up the file you posted above in the latest build and this is what it shows for me:

Recipe: Engagement Celebration TYPE: All Grain
Style: American IPA
---RECIPE SPECIFICATIONS-----------------------------------------------
SRM: 13.6 SRM SRM RANGE: 6.0-15.0 SRM
IBU: 71.3 IBUs Tinseth IBU RANGE: 40.0-70.0 IBUs
OG: 1.068 SG OG RANGE: 1.056-1.075 SG
FG: 1.016 SG FG RANGE: 1.010-1.018 SG
BU:GU: 1.041 Calories: 235.5 kcal/12oz Est ABV: 6.9 %
EE%: 70.00 % Batch: 5.50 gal      Boil: 6.86 gal BT: 60 Mins

---WATER CHEMISTRY ADDITIONS----------------

Amt                  Name                                    Type          #        %/IBU       
12 lbs                Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)          Grain        1        80.0 %       
1 lbs                Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)            Grain        2        6.7 %       
1 lbs                Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM)    Grain        3        6.7 %       
8.0 oz                Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM)  Grain        4        3.3 %       
8.0 oz                Munich Malt (9.0 SRM)                    Grain        5        3.3 %       

Cheers,
Brad

I am running from Dropbox. When I get home from work I'll move my directory to a non-synchronized folder, and update with whether that fixes the issue.

Thanks for the response!

Im also having this problem (sort of)

I dont use a dropbox, all new recipes made with latest version of beersmith have it happening to them when I use FWH instead of boiling.  When I do that the hops and yeast (but not malt) disappear from the TXT process, but I can see them fine in other views.

Hi,
  The FWH problem is actually a separate one - it is an error in the plain text template (Brew Process TXT template).

I have a corrected template I will incorporate in the next set of patches later this week.

Brad

For me, this issue seems to be resolved.  BUT, I had to delete a file in the Beersmith folder called BSCols.BXX.  Once I did, the issue is gone.  At least at the moment.

Back