• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Issue Printing

davehelt

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues printing my recipe.  I keep getting a "There was an internal error, and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document" error.  I've tried restarting and updating Beersmith and neither seemed to help.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

Having a bit of trouble with my network printer at the moment, so can't test if this works, but maybe try it.

When you have your recipe open and can see the report below it, in there is an option for "save report".  Maybe try saving out as html, then opening and printing from the browser.  If IE's not working, maybe try another browser, though seems to me it should work.

Brad:  On my iMac, I can't print straight from the recipe report preview.  If I save it out as a PDF or html and open that, I can print it fine, but coming from Beersmith, it won't print.  OSX 10.68.  Build 48.

Tbe cause was Internet Explorer 9. I deleted the update and went back to version 8 and I could finally print again. 

Thanks,
  Happy to hear you are back up and running.

On the Mac side there is a known problem with Epson printer drivers.  I purchased an Epson printer today just to debug the problem and hope to have a fix for it as soon as I can run the debugger with the Epson drivers.

Brad

Thanks Brad.

Internet Explorer is not the problem for me.  I don't even have it.

Back