• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Custom folder creation

Whippy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,  :)

I feel it would be very useful to have the ability to add/delete/rename custom folders within the various categories in Beersmith.

It would be nice to be able to, for instance, group my malt extracts together in a folder, base malts in another folder, etc.  This could be equally as helpful for grouping custom mash profiles together or different types of equipment, favorite hop varieties...I could go on and on.

If this is possible, I feel it would be a nice addition to what is already the best brewing software on the planet  8)

Hi Beer_Tigger, perhaps I dd not make myself clear.  :-\

I am wanting to create new folders for ingredients, profiles, inventory, etc.  When you go to these categories, there is no way to add folders, as the option is greyed out.  When you try this you will see what I mean.

The only place I have found that I can add folders is under "My Recipes."

Hi,
  My only concern how you would then list the items (such as hops, grains, etc) in the choose dialog?  Would you want them all displayed or just a folder heirarchy?

Brad

Hmmm, I think I understand what you are asking and what your concern would be.

I will give an example of the ideal scenario... 

In the way I envision this, you would be able to click the "Ingredients" tab.  From there, you click the "Grain" icon.  Now, you have just opened a tab which shows all of your grains, extracts and sugars.

I would like to be able to create, inside of this grains tab, a folder to drag all of my extracts into....then I could create another folder to place my adjuncts into...like that.

...so in short, a combination of the items and folders together under the individual tab is what I am asking about, with the ability to move ingredients into the individual folders...just exactly like the "Recipe" tab is set up.  The "Recipe" tab is EXACTLY the example I am talking about.

The search feature is extremely helpful for finding ingredients and such, don't get me wrong, I just feel that having the ability to further categorize would be benificial.

8) 8) 8)

Back