• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Yeast Starter in Recipe Design Greyed Out

4000qtrap

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've selected to display the yeast starter field within the recipe design page in the lower right corner (in the section below total grains). Its greyed out, which i guess means its getting the information from somewhere. I can read "Create a yeast sta.." in the box and when i hover over it says "A description of the yeast starter used". I have information about the yeast starter in the "yeast starter" so its not populating the dialog box from that and i'm curious where this box gets its information from.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason,

That box looks to be getting the information from a variable called $YEAST_STARTERS. $YEAST_STARTERS is most likely getting it's information and doing other stuff from the Yeast Starter tab inputs.

Note that if you select the  tool bar icon Brew Steps you should see the same contents of that box under Prepare for Brewing. I could be wrong but the Brew Steps report is using that variable. It's all technically behind the scenes and not much, if any, for the user to mess with.

It is populated with the data from the yeast starter tab.  Goto the yeast starter tab and change the starter size from 0.0 to something greater than zero.

Back