• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Item Substitution problem

Rakes

Apprentice
Reaction score
Found a problem when substituting one item for another in a recipe.
I'm updating an old recipe, so selecting/substituting ingredients from the current inventory for the new recipe.
Example: Original recipe has a Saaz pellet hop addition.  I substitute for a current Saaz that I have, which happens to be leaf.  In the new recipe, the Alpha changes to reflect the new hop, but not the type (pellet vs leaf).  Also, the recipe list does not reflect the current inventory of the new hop until I manually change the type.

Thanks,
  I have confirmed this as a bug for hops and will correct it in the next build - which will likely appear here on the forum first.

Brad

Hi
Actually I just checked this with the latest build (build 2.0.50) and it appears that it does capture the hop form.

For example:
  - I opened a sample recipe (say Dry Stout)
  - Clicked on the BC Goldings hop in it
  - Clicked on the substitute button
  - Selected "Cascade" and changed type to "Leaf" in the substitute box
  - Pressed OK to do the substitute

Now if I open the item (Cascade now) it is in leaf format and not pellet as the original one was.

Does this not work?

Brad
  -

Back