• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Customize Columns feature removes first column every time it is used

brew30

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Every time I go to "Customize Columns" to add a column it will remove the first column in the list from the "Displayed Columns" window on the right, and that removed column can't be picked out of the list of available fields. It is repeatable in other areas with columns. 

For example:
Name, Style, Type, ABV, Batch size are showing columns. When I click Customize Columns the first will be missing so if I pick nothing and just click OK I have lost one column (Name) and Style, Type, ABV, Batch Size will be showing.

This is repeatable all the way until there are NO columns showing at which point you get an error screen. Clicking no for stopping the program you can then add back in all the columns you wanted.

Just me?  :eek:

Thanks,
  This is a bug that was just reported to me about two days ago.  I will have it fixed shortly and post a patch here on the forum first.

It cuts the first column off so you can add a dummy column to work around it until I get it fixed.  If you get things too far gone, you can also delete the BSCols.BX2 file to reset everything.

Brad

brew30 said:
Every time I go to "Customize Columns" to add a column it will remove the first column in the list from the "Displayed Columns" window on the right, and that removed column can't be picked out of the list of available fields. It is repeatable in other areas with columns. 

For example:
Name, Style, Type, ABV, Batch size are showing columns. When I click Customize Columns the first will be missing so if I pick nothing and just click OK I have lost one column (Name) and Style, Type, ABV, Batch Size will be showing.

This is repeatable all the way until there are NO columns showing at which point you get an error screen. Clicking no for stopping the program you can then add back in all the columns you wanted.

Just me?  :eek:

Not just you.  I am having the same issue.

Hi,
  I posted a fix in build 51 (beta) here: http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,6163.0.html

Its still not perfect - I'm still looking changing it so the first column can be edited and also multiple folder editing of columns works better.

Brad

Haven't tried the version 51 fix...

Cost/price is not part of the list (where it was in version 1.4).

Could the yeast be a column ? I would like to be able to see attenuation trends sorted by the date or yeast used.

Thanks.

The latest version (now build 54) on the main download page corrects the customization issue.

I will look at adding the yeast as a column for recipes.

Brad

Back