• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Removing Inventory

don

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello and new to BeerSmith,

Every time I want to do a new brew session from the same recipe it tells me I already removed ingredients from inventory for this recipe and I didn't. I tried changing versions and it still does the same thing. Is this normal?

Is it the same recipe or a copy of a recipe from the brew log.

If you're opening up an old recipe you probably have removed them.

Same recipe but different date and version. Also tried a recipe out of the brew log changing date and version.

Do the ingredients actually exist? Maybe it's attempting to look for something that you don't have listed in your ingredients database...? This is not the same as having inventory.

You could make a new recipe and delete the offending one as this will ensure the ingredients you add actually exist.

If I make a new recipe never brewed before it will remove inventory properly. If I want to brew that recipe again next week(different version)it says I already removed inventory but I didn't.

I just repeated it.
Copied a recipe out of my brew log and pasted it into my parent folder to do list, changed the version and it said I recently removed them.

I'd say it's a bug or at least an undesirable behavior. It's gone from allowing you to remove things twice to discouraging you from removing them at all.
I think changing the version number should reset that.

This in my opinion is the only major flaw in teh software.

What needs to happen is that recipes and batches are completley separate things.

You set up a recipe that is your Master Recipe, then when you want to brew it, you click brew this recipe and a new sheet comes up that is for that batch.

The commingling of a master recipe, with brewing that recipe is a major weakness.

^^That^^  We have several recipes that get tweaked, and modified, sometimes due to lack of exact grains/yeast in my inventory.  I need to remember to "go back" a few versions to get the maser recipe.  It would be awesome to have the masters separated from the active, or planned brews.

Hi,
  I think the problem is that there is a date in each recipe internally to store the date last removed from inventory that probably should be cleared when you copy a recipe. 

I'll make a note to reset that date when a new copy/version is made.

Brad

Hi,
  In the latest build (2.0.51) I added code to reset the inventory date when you paste a recipe (or copy/paste it).  Hopefully this will help. 

I'm hoping to have the build ready in the next few days.

Thanks,
Brad

Back