• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding Misc Ingredients

Ron

Apprentice
Reaction score
want to add honey and maple syrup to misc ingredients. can not seem to find a blank edit entry. i can take an single ingredients. and edit that to honey, i then save file, when i go to recipe to add it, the old file is there with no honey.

Up at the top there a button for each list, "Add _____ "

But you want to add honey and maple syrup to grains or they won't add sugar. Unless I added them with a pack both are already there.

Hi,
  - Go to Misc View (Under Ingredients->Misc)
  - Click on the Add Misc button on the ribbon bar at the top
  - Add your item here which will make it a permanent ingredient
  - Later when you open your recipe you can add the new item to your recipe

You may want to treat the honey as a sugar (under Grains/Fermentables) instead of a misc ingredient as it is fermentable.

Brad

Thanks for the quick response. I add my honey/ maple syrup to the boil last 15 min. Would i get a better flavor if added to mash?

Hi,
  No you don't want to add it in the mash - it would be boiled too long and might also clog your sparge.

Honey has many fragile aromas that boil off quickly.  You might want to consider adding at flame out.

Brad

Back