• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Size not updating on Batch Volume Unit change

tysonarp

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just installed build 50 the other day and have started to notice a few oddities.  I often switch units of measurement while I have a recipe open, but with this update, if I change the Batch Volume Unit from gallons to barrels, the recipe that is open doesn't update to reflect the change (the Batch size and Est Pre-Boil Vol do not change).  However if I switch tabs in the recipe view to say Mash Details and then back to Recipe Design, it changes the unit after Batch Size and Est Pre-Boil Vol but doesn't calculate a new value for either which then throws off all the gravity, bitterness, etc calculations.  Has anyone else noticed this? 

Yes, this does this for me too.  You have to exit the recipe and come back before it converts to barrel to match the field labels.  I noticed that when you switch to different tabs like you mention it puts an invalie value for pre boil volume.  Batch size does not change. 

I believe that when you change units like this BS should update all appropriate values for each open recipe.  It already does convert any recipe opened later. 

Mark

Back