• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Problems with converting units.

cazamodo

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded the trial, with a motive to buy it but after putting in a couple of recipes, I found an annoying occurrence.

I constantly swap back and fourth between US and Metric conversions, as I follow alot of US recipes, but brew in metric.

When changing over in beersmith .50 build, the units sometimes do not change. For instance I start with a 5 gal  batch size, and change to metric, and it changes sometimes to 20ish liters, or sometimes to 5L!
And when its changed to 20ish Liters, and I go back to gallons, it then updates my recipe to 20Gallons!

It does this with a number of fields, not just batch size.

Thanks,
  I'll take a close look at this - they should all change but it is possible some are not getting updated correctly.  I'll add this to my list.

In the meantime, I recommend simply closing the recipes before you swap units.  Note you can also enter items in foreign units by using the units after the number - for example putting "2.2 kg" in a weight field will convert it to pounds if that is your current display unit.

Brad

Back