• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Complete List of Custom Tags for BeerSmith Reports

edweller said:
I have not found anything that shows that the components of the mash steps
Has anyone figured out how to get them broken out yet?

Have you tried $MASH_STEPS yet?

As far as I can tell, there are no tags to parse out individual mash steps. They are created as a table inside BeerSmith as generated from the Mash.bsmx file.

Yes I have but I only want the items not the whole.

Hopefully in the next version they will be available.

Thanks

Cheers,

Thanks for the list, very useful indeed.

I have a similar request to edweller's. I would like to prepare a report with ingredients, etc. but for instance I would like to exclude (for space saving purposes) the "Type", "#" or "%/IBU" for the "fermentables" tag. Is there a way to configure the outputs of the tags?

Thanks in advance.

I find that in BS2 Reports now have a font size control. By creating a report and looking at the HTML I find that it is controlling a variable in the header:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
body { font-size: 75%; }
</style>
</head>

The 75 (or maybe the 75%, it is important to know which but easily figured out) is coming from a tag that I have not seen posted in the lists other users have added here (which btw are Great!).

Does anyone know what the tag is needed to get the report size working? If not, can one of you with access to the code look it up?

Much Thanks!

I am going to update this and my other related posts with the answer (provided by GigaFemto - thanks) so that anyone searching for an answer in the future won't go through the long slog I did:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
body { font-size: $PRINT_SCALE%; }
</style>

So,
Code:
$PRINT_SCALE
is the required keyword.

I am not sure which of the two threads on custom report tags is the most up to date (or is the least outdated, as most of the info is 10+ years old). I have a few custom reports (one is a brew day sheet and one is a final recipe sheet to file away) and there are a few values that I have not been able to track down. It is a bit confusing trying to look through the pages of these posts, the attached report, and the reports that come with BeerSmith. All the sources have slightly different info. It would be nice if there was an official document for this info.

Here are the values from the Session tab that I could not track down report tags for. I am using the label values coped from the Web version (which are sometimes different than the desktop labels).

Mash PH and Runnings
Adjusted Mash PH: ? (note, Target pH: $TARGET_PH)

Mash Efficiency
Est Post Mash: ? (the gravity before adding sugars)
Meas Post Mash: ?

Boil Volume/Gravity
Meas Pre-Boil: ?

Calories
Meas Efficiency: ?

Statistics
Est Attenuation: ?

Here you go:
$ADJ_MASH_PH - adjusted mash ph
$EST_MASH_GRAVITY - gravity post mash
$MEASURED_MASH_GRAVITY - post mash measured
$BOIL_GRAV_MEASURED - boil gravity measured
$PRE_BOIL_OG - pre boil gravity
$ACTUAL_EFFICIENCY
$EST_APPARENT_ATTEN

Brad

Is there a way to separate the grain from the sparge additions? Mash Ingredients list them both and water prep only lists mash additives.

Back