• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Complete List of Custom Tags for BeerSmith Reports

RumRiverBrewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
[[ MODERATORS NOTE - SEE THE FILES ATTACHED NEAR THE END OF THIS THREAD FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF TAGS
SUPPORTED BY BEERSMITH 2]]

I discovered an undocumented one (at least not in any documentation I could find :-\) @GRAIN_ABSORP

Could someone point me to where ALL of the tags are listed? I really want "Water Avail From Mash" but getting the complete list would be great.

TIA!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You've probably already seen this thread:

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,1635.0.html

But, just in case.

I've offered to go through the source and find all the tags. 

I'm a bit busy at the moment with a Mac build, but could provide the main source file (that one file) for the recipes if someone wants to go through all of the possible tags for recipes.  It would require a bit of knowledge of C++ - drop me an email or message if interested.

Brad

I was thinking about the possibility of examining the output from $MASH_STEPS in HTML and trying to get at the total mash water as an integer using RegEx in javascript and subtracting $GRAIN_ABSORP from it to get Avail Water From Mash, but I was a bit too busy at work today today to make it happen...  ;D

I wouldn't mind looking at some code - it would probably be easier!

BeerSmith said:
I'm a bit busy at the moment with a Mac build, but could provide the main source file (that one file) for the recipes if someone wants to go through all of the possible tags for recipes.  It would require a bit of knowledge of C++ - drop me an email or message if interested.

Brad

Pm sent. I was unsure of your email.

Brad sent me one of the files.  Here is a quick and dirty dump of all supported recipe tags, along with sample TXT output:

Format of the data:

Code:
<tag_name>::
<tag results>
================================================================================================

The results are too big to fit directly in the forum, so I've attached the saved report file.

Attachments

• Test AG Recipe for Reports.txt
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,296
Great list.  If I put a $ in front of these (w/o the two colons), would it work in the old style text report? 

I've noticed some more codes that worked in 1.4 don't work now, such as

$COMPETITION.YEASTS

In short, yes.

Here is the report file I used to generate the above.

-tch

Attachments

• recipe_tags.txt
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,369
Thanks!
  I'm going to sticky this for a while since a lot of people are interested in building custom reports.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Thanks!
  I'm going to sticky this for a while since a lot of people are interested in building custom reports.

Brad

Sure thing.  I'm planning to try and document where the different variables get their data.  I've created a "test recipe" that I have populated EVERYTHING in the most complicated way in order to populate all the fields.  Its a lot of nonsense, but you learn some things going through the exercise.  I don't know how quickly I'll get through it.  But, that's my thought.

Let me know if there are other things that I could strip out from the code.

-tch

Thanks so much for this list of custom report tags, it's very helpful.  I would like to use the following two variables in a report but can't find them anywhere.  Please help!
  • Measured Pre-Boil Gravity (found on the Mash and Fermentation recipe tabs)
  • Grain Absorption (found on the Mash and Vols recipe tabs)
This is an older thread, so hopefully this reply will be seen.  If not I'll start a new thread.
Thanks again!

RumRiverBrewer said:
I was thinking about the possibility of examining the output from $MASH_STEPS

I'd also appreciate a way to break apart the mash steps.

Also a way to show both dual units. For instance I see quarts (mashing) & gallons (sparge). I'm still working out my system since I just moved, but currently am measuring mashing in gallons, while at my old place I had to use a measuring cup - thus I measured sparge in quarts

Is there any tag for dry hopping? In my custom recipe print out, I have:

Mash Ingredients : $MASH_INGREDIENTS
Boil Ingredients: $BOIL_INGREDIENTS
Steep Hops: $STEEP_HOPS
Steep Ingredients: $STEEP_INGREDIENTS
Fermentation Ingredients:  $FERMENT_INGREDIENTS

This printout doesn't show the hops I use in my dry hopping schedule. Any ideas? Thanks!

But how do you pull an element out of something like $mash_steps without printing the entire table? I want to be able to pull out the step temperature but can only seem to be able to print the table because I don't have a way to define it further. Thanks

I have a similar question around strike temp.  This doesn't appear to be exposed separately for some reason although certainly it's an internal variable.  If this isn't possible, we should probably make a list of variables to be exposed for reports. 

Is there any chance we'll be getting things like mash step temp, mash step time exposed as isolated items?

I know that this is a old thread but after searching I have not found anything that shows that the components of the mash steps have been broken out or defined as independent items usable for custom reports.
I would like to see
$STRIKE_TEMP
$MASH_TIME
I did find that "$MASH_TOTAL_WATER" is the strike water volume in gallons but the rest of the mash steps would be great.

Has anyone figured out how to get them broken out yet?

Back